- Primary Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL): Evaluation of Small Group Work is a report on the national SEAL programme, which was introduced in primary schools to improve children's behaviour and attendance. The study suggests that the programme has had little or no effect on pupil's behaviour.
- On behalf of the DSCF, the EPPE Project has delivered its final report on the primary phase of its Pre-school, School and Family Influences on Children’s Development during Key Stage 2 (Age 7-11) project.
- Anyone with an interest in teaching should find Beginner Teachers’ Experiences of Initial Teacher Preparation, Induction and Early Professional Development: A Review of Literature very useful as a source of further reading
- The role of men in childcare is an area which seems to have attracted interest in the last couple of years, so A Review of How Fathers Can be Better Recognised and Supported Through DCSF Policy should interest those of you with an interest in this topic. This previous post also contains suggestions for further reading.
- Finally, The Impact of Parental Involvement on Children’s Education is a short review of practice in this area.
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
There is always plenty of new research and reports being published in the Childhood and Early Years sectors, but lately there seems to have been a particularly large amount of new information being made available, so the posts for today and tomorrow will be a jumble of 'bits and bobs' to fit them all in. Today's blog entry will cover several reports from the DCSF which have just been released.