- Children Missing from Education: The Actions Taken to Prevent Children from Missing Education or Becoming ‘Lost to the System’ is a new report from Ofsted.
- Another recent publication from Ofsted is Outstanding Local Authority Children’s Services 2009, which contains case studies of best practice in children's services departments which have been rated as 'excellent'.
- The Children’s Workforce: A Data Scoping Study is a detailed examination of the make-up of staff who work in children's services.
- Unlocking the Gates: Giving Disadvantaged Children a Fairer Deal in School Admissions is a new briefing from Barnardos.
- The Children's Society has published a major new study entitled Safeguarding Young People: Responding to Young People Aged 11 to 17 Who are Maltreated.
- Participation Works has published An Equal Place at the Table for Children and Young People, which investigates how children's views can be taken into account when designing services which may impact on them.
Thursday, 9 September 2010
New from OnTheWeb
The latest edition of OnTheWeb (see previous post for details) is as usual packed with details of new reports and research relating to education. Here's some of the highlights:
Posted by David Renfree at 14:02