- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child: a Study of Legal Implementation in 12 Countries is a new publication from UNICEF which examines how the UK compares to other countries in providing for children's rights at national level.
- First Steps is a report from the CBI which sets out an agenda for education reform from a business perspective.
- Facing the Screen Dilemma: Young Children, Technology and Early Education examines how new technologies could be having an effect on children's development.
- Pupils not Claiming Free School Meals has just been published by the Department of Education, and attempts to establish how many children who are entitled to free school dinners are not taking advantage.
- What is the Research Evidence on Writing? gathers together literature on pupils' writing ability, with the authors claiming that this is an area which receives less attention than reading ability.
Friday, 23 November 2012
A quick round-up of various new reports: